Feb 3, 2017

50 crores

There was a trader who lived in a small town in India. He kept saving all the money he earned throughout. One fine day he decided to count  his savings so far and to his surprise it had summed up to a whopping fifty crore rupees.

“Good enough now“ said the man and promised himself that he will enjoy the rest of his life with this huge sum of earnings. The moment he decided that he would start using the fifty crores, he sensed that someone was standing right in front of him ,staring at him intensely.
The trader was alarmed and he shouted to the unknown man ,”Who are you ?!!! How dare you come into my house without my permission”. The man explained, ”My name is Death. I don’t come with an invitation .I come and…”invite”.

The trader cried , “This is not fair. When are you planning to take me ?”. Death replied , ”Right now”. The trader explained “Just now I had finished counting, I have fifty crores with me which I had earned all my life and only now I have decided to enjoy it .You cannot do this to me“. Death replied, ”Your time is over and you don’t have a choice here “

The trader went on to bargain , “I will offer you half the money I have got .Give me at least one month of life so that I can enjoy the wealth I hold and then I will be willing to come .Death said , ”I don’t think you understand how I operate. I don’t negotiate ,your time is over and so I am here to take you away.

“I will give you the entire sum of fifty crores I have got ,Just give me one day’s time in life”. But Death said, ”I cannot give you a minute extra .The trader pleaded “At least give me one last moment in life. Death yielded and said, ”Ok whatever you wish to do , do it for one moment”. The trader ran to his scribbling pad and wrote, “All of you who have money ,immediately start enjoying it “.He added note to it “I just realized that even with a sum of fifty crores I could not buy one minute of life with it !”

Think about our everyday lives . All day we keep working so hard to make money without realizing that there is a limit to which it can aid us. 

Money cannot buy a day in your life . If you fail to use the day's deposits, the loss is yours. There is no going back. There is no drawing against the tomorrow. You must live in the present on today's deposits. Invest it so as to get from it the utmost in health, happiness and success!  Make the most of today.”

No comments: