Mar 17, 2017

Rise to the top

A weaponry unit of an army was assigned to a set of people who were taken as “Prisoners of war” from a losing nation . These units produced the finest swords for the army which helped win more battles for their new king. Impressed with the sword making unit ,the king called upon the prisoner in charge of the unit to offer him a reward.

The King told the prisoner ,”I am impressed with the swords you make. They have helped us a long way in winning the toughest of battles  .I would like to offer you a role in my army .So tell me prisoner ,what was your role in your army before you lost the battle to us ?”.

The prisoner replied ,”Thank you Majesty. I had worked for a dairy farm before “. The King was taken aback.

The King questioned, ”How could you produce the best quality swords if you haven’t had an experience in sword making at all?”

The prisoner answered by detailing the job he had done before ,” I started working in this dairy when I was a kid and my first job was to fill the milk bottles. On my way home after a ten hours work day, I constantly asked myself what I was learning on a daily basis.”

He continued explaining, ”The bottles were of different sizes, some were pints, half gallons and others were gallons. They all had different sized necks. No matter what the size and the shape of the bottle is, the cream always rises to the top. I promised myself to be the cream ,wherever I am”
  
Irrespective of the circumstances or the role they play, winners always rise to the top . The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion to their commitment to excellence, regardless of their chosen field of endeavor.

No comments: