Sep 14, 2006

Nothing is interesting if you're not interested...

I got this quote today in one of the email forwards. This one simple line contains so much meaning in itself. After reading it, I kept on thinking for some time. Yeah its very true. Everything depends on our mind, our moods and our perception. Sometimes a particular thing appears very interesting and good to us when we are in a particular mood. The same thing may appear totally useless and boring another moment. So all depends on individual's state of mind at a particular time.

I wonder sometimes, who decides our mood swings....we ourselves or our external conditions/environment or both. Can we control and guide our mood swings? Atleast I can’t control mine!!!

I am still pondering over this simple yet so complex quote. If you are really interested, you can complete a work in very short span of time. Same work may take days or may not even get completed if it does not interest you.

But is it possible to get interested in something on our own. I remember my biology teacher’s words who used to say that our thought process, mood swings are governed by some chemical secretions in brain (how boring…). What makes something interesting to us and something not. Right now I don’t have answer to that. Will keep on thinking about it and will try to answer it in my next post if I get an answer.

Till then… Keep yourself interested and this world will be interesting for you!!!

~Mayank

6 comments:

Unknown said...

What if I am not interested in developing an interest in something that doesnt interest me??? ;) If everything is chemistry, why should I trouble my physical self to tune my emotion. Sometimes it feels good to just act the way we feel like than controlling and confronting with ourself...but again, not always, sometimes....

Anonymous said...

very true!!
nice blog...
btw comment above me is really a comment or a blog itself ;)

Anonymous said...

Well, according to me interst in something depends on your likes and dislikes.

Anonymous said...

Good dispatch and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you seeking your information.

Anonymous said...

Well I acquiesce in but I contemplate the list inform should prepare more info then it has.

Neha said...

well said Mayank!!